Craig Selinger and his team travels to your Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Queens home or child’s school. Learn more about the speech, language, and feeding team’s services and where we go. The professionals below have offices and some of these professionals also make house calls. Other professionals do not have offices and prefer to work in your home.
Brooklyn Letters Office Directory
Accepting Office Visits:
Craig Selinger, M.S. CCC-SLP, speech language pathologist
- HOURS: Monday-Friday 9-6pm
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, group (2-3 children), parent consultations
- EXPERTISE: Speech, language, literacy, specialized tutoring, and feeding
- AGES: Birth through pre-adolescence
- CONTACT: 347-394-3485 & firstname.lastname@example.org (immediate response).
Annette Hernandez, Ph. D., clinical psychologist
- HOURS: Thursdays 10-8
- LOCATION: 257 15th St. (5th/6th Ave) Suite 203, Brooklyn
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, parent consultations, family sessions.
- EXPERTISE: Cognitive-behavioral therapy, child/adolescent therapy, evidence-based treatment
- PAYMENT: Private Pay.
- AGES: Birth-50
- CONTACT: email@example.com & 917-519-3082
Dr. Shirley Pollak, Au.D., audiologist
- Insurances accepted– click here
- LOCATION & CONTACT:
1) Audiology Central
209 Avenue P, Suite 2A
Brooklyn, New York, 11204
HOURS: Mondays through Fridays, some Sundays. By Appointment.
- TYPE OF SERVICES:
* Early detection of hearing loss
* Brainstem auditory advocate testing
* Middle ear function testing
* Central auditorial process testing
* Hearing device fittings
* Counseling for patients and their families with hearing loss
* Central Auditory Processing Testing
* Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials Testing
* Hearing Aid consultations and Fittings
* Otoacoustic Emissions Testing
- AGES: all ages, including infants
- WEBSITE: http://www.pollakaudiological.com/
Fara Jones, M.A., LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist
- HOURS: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10am-7pm
- LOCATION: 1) Mondays and Wednesday- 406 7th ave #1F (@ 13th street)
2) Fridays and Saturdays- 641 President St, Suite 103 (4th/ 5th ave)
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual, couples, family and group therapy
- EXPERTISE: Parenting and family therapy, adolescents, anxiety and depression, trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy, creative arts therapy
- AGES: 5-up
- PAYMENT: Private Pay, Sliding Scale, Out-of-Network.
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org 917-359-3335
Johanna McCarthy, LMSW
- HOURS: 9 AM-7 PM; Monday – Friday (flexible)
- LOCATION: 19 West 34th Street, New York, NY
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Psychodynamic Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Play Therapy, Couples Therapy
- AGES: 5 years of age and up
- PAYMENT: Private Pay, Sliding Scale.
- CONTACT: email@example.com (347)766-2301
Lynn-Marie Herlihy, MS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- HOURS: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8am to 5pm
- LOCATION: Run, Jump, Roll (PT/OT Pediatric gym), 433 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Occupational Therapy evaluations, individual treatment sessions
- EXPERTISE: Sensory Integration treatment, fine motor development, visual-motor and visual-perceptual deficits, handwriting/pre-writing skills
- AGES: Birth through elementary school
- PAYMENT: Private Pay; Out-of-network health insurance
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org 646-KidsOT1 (646-543-7681)
Laurie Yankowitz, Ed.D., Educational Therapist
- HOURS: Flexible, evenings and weekends
- LOCATION: Office in Midwood, Brooklyn (Ocean Parkway near Church Ave)
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Assessment of learning and behavioral challenges; development of instructional and behavior plans; reinforcement of academic goals; skill development to support increased independence at home and in the community, including cooking, travel training, shopping, household chores, instructional and recreational apps for ipod and ipad; self-regulation strategies to address anxiety; individual and small group work with individuals and families to continue interventions without therapy.
- EXPERTISE: Highly knowledgeable about Fragile X Syndrome, autism, and intellectual disability; services for adults with developmental disability; familiarity with ABA, SCERTS, TEACCH, video modeling, social stories, positive behavior support, and visual schedules.
- AGES: Three through adulthood
- CONTACT: email@example.com
Carolyn Kessler, PhD, Child Psychologist
- HOURS: Home and Office Visits: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- LOCATION: 406 7th Ave in Park Slope, Brooklyn
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, Consultation to parents and schools, Assessment
- EXPERTISE: Cognitive Behavioral therapy, parent training, autism spectrum disorders/developmental and learning disabilities, anxiety and mood disorders, behavioral disorders, potty training, assessment (diagnostic and neuropsychological)
- AGES: All ages of children and adolescents
- PAYMENT: Private Pay.
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veronica Brodsky, PsyD., Licensed Psychologist
- HOURS: Office visits: Mondays through Fridays.
- LOCATION: Park Slope, 163 Prospect Park West, (corner of 11th street), Brooklyn, NY 11215
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, family therapy, parent consultations, school consultations, workshops, group work.
- EXPERTISE:Working with families in transition, Anxiety, Depression, Behavioral Issues, Relationship, Psychological, Psychoeducational and Neuropsychological Evaluations. Issues or Fears, Asperger’s Syndrome, Attention Deficit, Behavioral Issues, Child or Adolescent, Coping Skills, Depression, Divorce, Emotional Disturbance, Family Conflict, Learning Disabilities, Loss or Grief, Oppositional Defiance, Parenting, Peer Relationships, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Play therapy and behavior management with preschool and elementary aged children, animal-assisted psychotherapy.
- PAYMENT: Some Major Insurances, Private Pay, Out-of-Network, Sliding Scale..
- AGES: Preschool and elementary, adolescents, adults
- CONTACT: email@example.com & 718-306-7755
Lindsay Whitman, Ph.D., Neuropsychologist
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, 347-560-1399, www.lindsaywhitmanphd.com
- PAYMENT: Private pay only. Dr. Whitman does not accept insurance but is happy to provide a receipt for out-of-network reimbursement. Cash or check accepted.
- HOURS: Wednesday & Friday 9AM-5PM
- LOCATION: One Grand Central Place, 60 E. 42nd Street New York, NY.
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Neuropsychological evaluations for children and adolescents. Dr. Whitman is also able to conduct neuropsychological evaluations with adults.
- EXPERTISE: Dr. Whitman is trained in the evaluation of children and adults with learning disabilities, developmental delay, intellectual disabilities, and all other clinical conditions associated with cognitive difficulties (e.g., AD/HD, autism spectrum disorder). She is trained to evaluate children and adolescents with medical conditions such as epilepsy/seizures, traumatic brain injury/concussion, and perinatal toxic exposure (e.g., alcohol, lead).
- HOURS: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10am-7pm